We have had an amazing week doing our first fundraiser for the chickens. We will be doing morefundraising through the year to fund various class projects but this was a great start. We made 131 apple crumbles that we sold for $5 each which means we made more than $600 and have $450 profit. Here we are hard at work making them.
We had a stall every day for three days and here is one of them. People were very keen to buy the crumbles so we had to take orders!!
For the last two weeks we have been pursuing an understanding of what the parts of a plant are. We have been researching, collecting onformation and organising it as well as drawing an informative diagram. On Thursday we finished them off and on Friday we decided how well we had achieved the success criteria.. We knew what we were supposed to do but we then had to decide what we would consider better work, a higher achievement, and what work would look like when the person had needed more help.
We then put our work under the heading we felt represented how well we had achieved. We discussed other people's decisions and came to an agreement about what was good work, better work and who needed help to do more. It was a very interesting conversation. Our work is now on display so come and have a look.